The 24th Annual Winner’s Circle Running Club Greater Newburyport Wild Turkey Trot 3.1 mile X-country run/walk will be run on Thanksgiving morning, November 28, 2013. 8:30 AM start at Pipestave Hill / Mill Pond Recreation Center in West Newbury, MA.
Why spend Thanksgiving in an industrial park??? Enjoy Thanksgiving morning with family and friends (and possibly some genuine wild turkeys) at the WCRC Wild Turkey Trot at Pipestave Hill / Mill Pond Recreation Area, West Newbury, MA.
WCRC Wild Turkey Trot 2012 Photos on Smugmug - courtesy of Lisa Rohr
WCRC Wild Turkey Trot 2012 Photo Gallery – courtesy of Sharon Chase
Check out the YouTube video of the 2011 race courtesy of Rick Bayko.
- LOCATION: Pipestave Hill / Mill Pond Recreation Area. Easy access off Rte. 95 on Rte. 113 in West Newbury, MA. Ample off-street parking. No traffic. No tickets!
- COURSE: “Braveheart start” in the sports field followed by good trails in fields and light woods. No technical single-track trails. See Course Map.
- CHIP TIMING: No-hassle chip in bib by Yankee Timing.
- SPECIAL WILD TURKEY TROT RACE MEDALS TO ALL FINISHERS.
- $100 to anyone who breaks the course record, male or female – 16:48 and 21:56 respectively.
- LONG SLEEVE T-SHIRTS TO ALL REGISTRANTS. YOUTH SIZES SOLD OUT. ADULT STYLES AND SIZES ARE GENDER SPECIFIC.
- FIELD LIMITED TO 800 – REGISTER EARLY!
|Wild Turkey Trot on Facebook|
Early Number/Shirt Pickup and Day Before Registration
Early number/shirt pickup and last-minute registration ($30.00 for your procrastinating friends) at the Winner’s Circle Sports Bar, 211 Elm Street (Rte 110), Salisbury MA on Wednesday evening, November 27, from 6:00PM until 9:00PM. It is a popular evening for the sports bar, so consider parking in the shopping center off of Merrill street (see the Google map linked above). The big store in the shopping center is vacant, so there is nearly unlimited parking in the lot in front of the store, very close to the Winners Circle. Number and shirt pickup will also be available on race day, but early pickup will allow you to “sleep in” (a little) and enjoy the race hassle free!
Race day registration and number/shirt pickup opens at 7:00AM Thursday morning at Pipestave.
Free Course Preview Runs – Additional Free Course Preview Run Sunday November 17
Preregistered runners can take advantage of a free course preview run on Sunday November 17. WCRC Coach Mike McCormick will be there to lead runners around the course. Seeing the course in advance is almost certain to improve your performance race day. Just show up at the Pipestave parking lot Nov. 17 at 9:00AM.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.