- Do easy ‘warm-up’ running before the workout (10-25 min. recommended).
- Bathrooms/changing facilities available.
- We will come together tonight a bit after 6:00 for an introduction.
- Any specific questions – don’t hesitate to ask; in person or by e-mail/text.
- Let me know of any upcoming races-particularly the weekends surrounding a workout (you may need to do less to recover or have workout adjusted to be sharp and fresh for the upcoming race).
WORKOUT FOR 5/1
- Warm-up drills and strides.
- 2x400m, 1-2x800m, 2x400m; all at your 5K pace/effort with 200m jog between.
- Cool-down run.
- Dynamic cool-down drills (optional).
GOALS FOR WORKOUT:
- This is an introductory workout to get started and ‘initiated to this season’s speed work.
- If done correctly (ie proper pace) should not be too stressful.
- Workouts will build on previous week’s workout – tonight is just a start.