The WCRC Grand Prix Series is an intra-club competition “open” to all WCRC members. There is no cost to participate in the Grand Prix Series, but of course you need to register/pay for each race in which you intend to participate.
New Grand Prix Format for 2016;
We are pleased to offer the WCRC Individual and Intra-Club Team Competition for the 2016 Grand Prix Racing Series. The goal is to encourage team spirit and to promote our club within the local community through a fun intra-club competition.
The Team Competition is open to any 3 – 5 person team selected by your captain in the first WCRC GP draft. Members who participate in the Individual and Intra-Club Team Grand Prix race each month are awarded points based on their order of finish among WCRC members. Points are totaled and awards are presented to the top participants in each group at the WCRC annual meeting.
Team & Individuals Rules
- Signing up for the Grand Prix means you are agreeing to run as an “Individual” as well as a “Team” member.
- Must pre-register through the WCRC web site before May 15, 2016. Draft by June 1, 2016.
- Teams will consist of 3 – 5 members TBD after sign-ups.
- Each team will be assigned a captain.
- You must be a current member of WCRC and wear your WCRC singlet, shirt or jacket at all Grand Prix races to show your WCRC pride and to promote our club within the local community.
- An individual’s net race time will be used to determine finishing places.
- Participants can only compete for one team & may not be registered for the race under another club’s name.
- The top three “Individuals” point scorers in each division receive awards as well as the top three teams.
- Team placing for races is the same as a cross-country team scoring system, i.e. Based on placing relative to the other WCRC team runners; with low score winning!
- The first place team in each division will receive points equal to the number of teams in that division. Example: 4 teams at the race, first place team gets 4 points, second 3, etc.
- Each team will receive one point per team member participating in each event.
- In the event of a tie at the end of the series, tie will be broken by the team with the highest attendance.
- Individual competition will be scored for both men and women in the following age divisions: Open, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+.
- Points are awarded to all individuals relative to finishing positions. If there are 5 individuals in your division, the first place runner will receive 5 points, 2nd gets 4 points and so on.
WCRC Grand Prix Race Director Ginger Iola will be generating this year’s results, using the club’s highly sophisticated system for scoring each race, which I am sure she would be happy to explain to you over a beverage at the next WCRC meeting. 2016 teams will be recognized with prizes of undisclosed monetary value and will have their names engraved on the plaque of honor on display upstairs at the Winner’s Circle.
Questions: Email: Ginger Iola firstname.lastname@example.org