It’s time for the 2014 WCRC Summer Cruise - Saturday, August 16, 2014. **** Note the date change from August 9 to August 16 – we missed the boat on the 9th! **** The Cruise departs City Dock, Newburyport at 2 pm sharp on the sailing catamaran Ninth Wave. Room for a max of 48 so sign up early. The Cruise is open to WCRC members and their families. You will not have to worry about it being the classic three hour cruise – since it’s only 2 1/2 hrs. long. We can bring snacks, entertainment, etc, but alcoholic drinks must be bought on the boat. The club will be subsidizing the cruise so as to keep the cost at only $20 per person – a real bargain. (Don’t forget that drinks will be extra). RSVP to Doug Zechel by July 21 at: email@example.com. Click here for more information.
Competition and fun for all at WCRC’s Newburyport High Street Mile
* See race web page for information on discounted rates for USATF-New England member running clubs.
- FOUR SEPARATE HEATS: Heat 1 - Girl’s & Boy’s Race – Ages 15 and under; Heat 2 – Non-USATF Males and Females - Ages 16 and up; Heat 3 – USATF-NE Women’s Championship Race – Ages 16 and up; Heat 4 – USATF-NE Men’s Championship Race – Ages 16 and up.
- $5000 TOTAL IN PRIZE MONEY: Top 5 Male/Female Overall $750, $450, $250, $150, $100; Top 3 Male/Female 40+ $150, $100, $50; Top Male/Female 50+ $50; Top Male/Female 60+ $25. In order to be eligible for cash awards you must be a USATF member.
- PREEMS: Cash awards (courtesy of Lou Ristaino) for the first male & female athletes passing each of these splits: 1/2 mile – male $50 for 2:00 or faster, female $50 for 2:15 or faster; 3/4 mile – male $75 for 3:00 or faster, female $75 for 3:23 or faster. In order to be eligible for cash awards you must be a USATF member.
- USATF-NE TEAMS: Top 3 Male/Female Teams Overall $125, $75, $50; Top Male/Female Team 40+ $50; Top Male/Female Team 50+ $25. In order to score in the USATF-NE Team categories you must be a USATF-NE individual member registered with a USATF-NE member club.
- COURSE RECORD CASH BONUS to 1st Open Male & Female
- AGE DIVISION AWARDS: 9&under, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
- POST RACE BASH / RAFFLES / SPEED SERIES AWARDS: at the Winner’s Circle Sports Bar following the race, sponsored by the Newburyport Brewing Company.
Day-Before Number Pickup and Last Minute Registration – Saturday August 2
Pre-registered runners can stop by the Greater Boston Running Company store in Newburyport to pick up their shirts and numbers on Saturday, August 2 between 10 AM and 1 PM. What better way to make race day easy and fun? Just show up Sunday ready to run, no waiting in lines necessary! This will also be the last chance for runners to sign up for the pre-registration price of $25. Race day registration will be $30 for adults 16 and over (still $20 for youth 15 and under on race day).